Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grom Gelateria

Checked out Grom Gelateria on 76th and Broadway and I must say I was impressed. One should be impressed for $4.75 for a small cup. There was a longish line of about 10 people.

I had the Fior di latte (a mint flavor) and the flavor of the month, pesca ciocolatto (peach and chocolate). A lot of care is taken into finding the right ingredients. Ecuadorian chocolate, sfusato lemon from Amalfi, Guatemalan coffee, Sicilian pistachios, etc. Grom is a member of the slow food movement, something worth checking out if you have a few minutes.

Grom seems to be doing things right. I spoke with someone working there who was from Turin and she seemed genuinely excited about the product. Another plus, their pistachio gelato isn't green--a sure way to separate quality ice cream and gelato from the inferior stuff.

Interested in trying your own hand at gelato making? If I had the money, I would consider the Lello Gelato Pro 4090. If you do have the money, let me know what you think of it!

No comments: